According to Ambassador Terry Kramer – US Ambassador to the World Conference on International Telecommunications 2012 says proposals put forward could have a negative impact on Internet freedom, particularly in Africa.
He says, “the internet has thrived when it has been free and open. We (US) don’t want to put into practice something that says that the Internet is regulated,”
Listen to The Future Of Internet Freedom by NPR’s On Point: Big powers want to chop up the global internet and put nations in charge. Russia. China.
Discussion and ideas sharing:
1. Do you think, the internet should be made Open and Free?
2. Should there be regulations governing the Internet?
3. What is the future of Internet Freedom for Innovation in Africa?
- WCIT Conference in Dubai Threatens Internet Freedom (macjordangh.com)
- Internet Freedom Advocates in Tow (nytimes.com)