Social media is here to stay and has changed the way we connect, interact with each other and everyone around us. Social media have helped toppled regimes during the Arab Spring and changed some policies on Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
– Do you know that there are more mobile devices connected to the internet than there are people on the entire planet?
– Do you know that, in 1994 Nigeria had only 100,000 landlines. The number of active phone lines in Nigeria crossed 100 Million in December 2012.
– Also, do you know that the most popular phone in Africa in 1994 weighed 500 grams and cost $2000?
Stats on Social Networking weren’t easily accessible until some Social Media Enthusiasts like Giovanna spent some times during the Christmas holidays working on the infographic below.
- Ghana Politicians Using Social Media to Reach Out to Voters (voanews.com)
- What Africa can learn from Ghana’s peaceful election (one.org)
- Ghana Decides, 2012 – the story so far (ethanzuckerman.com)