Just when you thought that the market for low-end Lumia handsets was saturated, Microsoft has announced yet another low-end Lumia handset.
This time, itâ€™s the Lumia 540 Dual-SIM, features windows 8.1 innovations, a 5-inch HD display, front and rear facing cameras and a 30GB free cloud storage via One Drive and a low retail price of $150.
The Lumia 540 Dual Sim will be available in glossy layered cyan, orange, white and matte black and will start rolling out in May, 2015.
Below are the key components of the device.
Affordability. This is job one for Lumia these days, and the 540 DS is just $150 at retail, Microsoft says, though it wonâ€™t be sold in the United States, it’s targeted market is Asia and EMEA Region.
Availability. The Lumia 540 Dual-SIM will start shipping in early May to the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC) regions.
Operating System. Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim. I assume itâ€™s really 8.1.2.
Processor. 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200, which is about as low-end it gets these days.
Random Access Memory (RAM). 1 GB.
Storage Capacity. 8 GB on-board with microSD up to 128 GB.
Screen Display. 5-inch 720p HD (1280 x 720) IPS LCD.
Latest posts by Mac-Jordan Degadjor (see all)
- Mettā Launches Catalyst Innovation Program in Nairobi - February 18, 2017
- Become Your Own Boss and Start Earning with Uber in Ghana. - November 4, 2016
- MEST To Host Second Edition of Africa Tech Summit in Lagos, Nigeria. - November 3, 2016
- Eligible for an update to Windows 10.
- Great shot by the 8 MP Camera
- Removable battery
- Impressive front camera for selfie & video calls
- Design and features7
- Display and sound8
- Battery Life7.5
- Performance and software8
- Value for Money7.5