Zambian startup Ulendo Taxi is looking to take advantage of Uber’s lack of presence in the country with the launch of its on-demand taxi app.
With just a click on your mobile device, you can have a taxi at your doorstep. Instead of hailing a taxi or waiting for a bus, just request a car with the tap of the button, and get picked up by a nearby friendly driver who will take you to your destination right away.
“We help people get a ride at the tap of a button – there’s no flagging a taxi or entering an unfamiliar car. It’s the most convenient way to get a safe, reliable and affordable ride in and around Lusaka. ” highlighted Haggai Mandefu, Founder of Ulendo Taxi.
- Download the Ulendo passenger app and key in your destination. The app will locate you and connect you with a nearby Ulendo Driver.
- The driver’s picture and type of vehicle will be visible to you once a request has been made. You will also be able to track the vehicle’s arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by Cash, Debit or Credit Card and is localised in 10 new languages.
- A rating system allows you the passenger to rate the driver and your Ulendo experience and also to provide feedback to help improve the Ulendo experience.
- All Ulendo drivers pass a comprehensive background check before approval for service.