Ten questions interview series with Younes Douari, co-founder of MyTicketGH.com, a mobile technology startup ready to revolutionize the bus ticketing system in Ghana.
1. What’s the idea behind myTicketsGH.com and how did it all start?
2. What’s the business model behind the myTicketsGH platform? How do you make money from this service?
3. How does myTicketsGH stand out against its competitors in Ghana and Africa?
4. Is there a need for a bus ticket purchasing platform or service in Ghana?
5. What’s your background, and what got you interested in technology and startups?
6. How did you initially raise funds for myTicketsGH? Who are the teams behind this service?
7. You recently partnered with VIP Bus Services to digitized their bus tickets system and also make it convenient for passengers to buy tickets online. Can you please shed more info on this partnership?
YD: The VIP partnership has been something that we have worked quite long to get. VIP has the ambition to make a digital step forward, and I am very happy that they chose us as their digital partner that will help them be ready for the digital age.
We are now starting with one station, so they can get used to our solution, and we hope to gradually expand coverage over the next months. In the end, we want consumers to search and book tickets from and to anywhere in the country. Having the 2 biggest operators on board will definitely help us achieve that goal.