As an avid TweetDeck user, I have always wanted to share links from my blog-posts and other interesting articles on Social Media, ICT4D, African Tech, Mobile Entrepreneurship, Gender Issues and Photography with Googleâ€™s URL Shortener; Goo.gl
After much digging and research, I came across a link/API which shortens all links in TweetDeck using goo.gl. Please find more details below:
- Start your TweetDeck client
- Go to TweetDeck â€œSettingsâ€ by clicking wrench icon in the top right corner
- Select the tab â€œServicesâ€ in the â€œTweetDeck Settingsâ€ window.Â Choose â€œOtherâ€ under shorten URLs services
- Copy and paste this URL shortening Endpoint â€“ https://tdutils.appspot.com/shorten/googl?longUrl=%@
- Click on â€œSave Settingsâ€
- Click back to TweetDeck interface where you can now begin to use Goo.gl URL shortener.
Hope you find this post interesting and practicable. If you have other Social Media tips and tricks to share, youâ€™re always welcome to share them here.