Donâ€™t be surprised at innovations and ideas coming from Africa; but rather embrace them because Africa is the future. â€“ Erik Hersman (TEDGlobal2011)
One word that keeps coming out of the lips of most tech-preneurs these days in Africa and Ghana is; INNOVATION. Across Africa; especially in Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt and Uganda; innovative thinkers and idealists are coming up with unique, frequently low-tech solutions (apps & designs) to high-tech challenges such as energy, education, communications and transport.
Come September 24, 2011; Mobile Apps Ghana Showcase running with the hash-tag; #MAGS2011 will taking place in Accra, Ghana. The event is been organized by a group of Ghanaian mobile enthusiasts passionate about promoting Ghanaian mobile developers as well as educating the greater public on some of the mobile services on the market.
According to Josiah K. Eyison, Event Curator & Organizer; this event will include a workshop to train and inspire other mobile solution developers in Ghana whilst recognizing the achievements of those who have excelled in the industry.
Still not sure about this event; let me point out the various reasons why you should attend this event focused on mobile technology for development in Africa below:
- Discover the latest technological advancement and increase the efficiency of current technologies.
- Explore growth strategies of the Ghanaian ICT Market and find out what investors are for looking for.
- Engage and connect with key Ghana ICT services and companies to facilitate robust business.
- Join in lively debates geared at ideas sharing and exchange of knowledge.
Also, on that day; AppCircus – an initiative that aims to support mobile application developers around the world by giving them the opportunity to participate in the Mobile Premier Awards (MPA) held during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona will give 10 local developers the opportunity to pitch their ideas to a jury. The winners will get the chance to attend the prestigious Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (all expenses paid trip)
You can register for the event by visiting: Register for MAGS2011
- Ghana’s Mobile Revolution: Driving Mobile Payments and Services (derrydeandadzie.wordpress.com)
- African Entrepreneurs Are Making Ghana Into a Tech Startup Hub (good.is)