by Mac-Jordan Degadjor June 14, 2011 1192 Views
- Femi Akinde – Founder of SlimTrader(covered earlier)Â , the first platform in Africa allowing consumers to shop for goods and services via their mobile phones through text.
- Jodie Wu – Founder of Global Cycle Solutions, an organization developing and selling appropriate tech in the form of bicycle add-ons.
- Alex Odira Odundo (Maker Faire Africa exhibitor covered earlier) – Kenyan inventor of the Sisal Decorticator, a device turning sisal plant into fibre, and the Sisal Twinner, a device turning sisal fibre into rope.
- Serge Mouangue (covered earlier) – Tokyo based Cameroonian cross cultural artist + designer — bringing both African and Japanese techniques into his work.
- Somi– East African soul-jazz vocalist + songwriter and founder of New Africa Live.
- Following the TED Fellows (timbuktuchronicles.blogspot.com)
- Africa and the Internet: a 21st century human rights issue? (csmonitor.com)
- Africa Rising (time.com)
Award-winning Ghanaian technology blogger, Mac-Jordan shares insights and stories on African innovations, digital marketing, startups, tech entrepreneurs and helpful tips for starter entrepreneurs. Get in touch: email@example.com or text: +233(0)544335582.